Interested in renewable energy and looking to further your career in sales?
We are looking for motivated candidates who are interested in joining a fast-growing company with a mission to decarbonise our society and modernise the way solar panels and battery storage systems are sold.
The UK is undergoing a big change in how we power our homes and businesses, and this is your chance to play a part. At SolarCentric, we believe that households will become microgeneration power sources, generating enough electricity to contribute to households’ power requirements, charge an EV and trade any surplus power locally. Our team provide an educational, inspiring, and worry-free experience for our clients with a no-pressure sales approach and excellent client service. If you possess good listening skills, a genuine interest in delivering excellent customer care, are passionate about sustainability, wanting to make a difference and are prepared to learn about solar PV and batteries, then this may be for you.
SolarCentric is a new business growing at a fast rate. To meet demand, we are now looking to recruit for a Customer Ambassador, to join our forward-thinking innovative company. Renewable energy has become a booming industry – and our mission is to accelerate the transition to a greener more sustainable future by reinventing the way people purchase solar PV and battery storage systems.
SolarCentric has developed strong strategic partnerships with key suppliers to develop an extensive network to deliver to our clients nationwide.
How we are modernising this experience:
The role will be office based (subject to COVID-19 restrictions) with the ability to become home based (providing the candidate has a suitable workspace) should the need arise in the future. The role will require you to conduct virtual presentations to our customers using Microsoft Teams where you will talk them through the benefits of our smart renewable products and design a system to suit their energy needs.
- To develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about solar PV, battery storage to identify the best solution for each respective client’s needs.
- To organise your work effectively and be able to work under pressure.
- Handle every enquiry with great care by paying close attention to the client’s needs.
- Provide an excellent service both through the sales process and in after-sales customer care.
- Record and enter all interactions accurately into our CRM software.
- Work well as part of a team.
- To meet and exceed targets.
The successful candidates will be provided their own laptop and phone.
What You Will Need:
- Proven track record of excellent sales/customer service. (Must be able to provide references upon request).
- A desire to create better change for our environment using new clean technologies.
- 2+ years of sales experience.
- A strong passion for clean, green technology.
- Full training and ongoing mentoring will be provided but a genuine interest in new technology, electrification and renewable energy is essential for the successful climate conscious candidate.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Behaviours:
- Educated to degree level (preferred).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programmes, especially in Excel, PowerPoint and Teams.
- Numerical and analytical skills – comfortable looking at energy data with good insight.
- Ability to prioritise work accordingly.
- Must be highly professional and approachable.
SolarCentric is an Equal Opportunities employer. We value and embrace diversity and seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from all backgrounds.
Job Types: Sales, Renewable energy
Salary: £18,720 is the base rate salary however the commission is uncapped, so our current Customer Ambassadors can earn between £35k – £50k range.